[Xastir] Baycom and xastir?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 25 08:57:41 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Art wrote:

> Is there anyway for me to use my old Baycom BP-1 for APRS with xastir software?
>
> I have the ability to disable the power management in my RS-232
> ports, which is a problem on some PC's.
>
> Have XP and 3 GHz processor.

If that's one of those parallel-port TNC's which require a special
driver, I would think your only shot at it would be to check whether
AGWPE supports it.  If so, run AGWPE on XP and have Xastir talk to
AGWPE to get to the TNC.

Very hazy, but I seem to remember reading about some kind of support
under Linux for Baycom modems, so perhaps one could get the Baycom
AX.25 driver working there as another option.