[Xastir] cvs diff

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 25 21:19:49 EDT 2006

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Chip G. wrote:

> I must have a fundamental lack of understanding. No matter what I do, no
> matter what switch I use, when I perform a 'cvs diff' command I get a list of
> directories checked. When I modify local files is the only time it tells me of
> differences. I can do a 'cvs diff' and have no indication of anything changed
> on the remote server, then do a 'cvs update' and see that new files were added
> or files were modified (P prefix). So how do I check to see if there have been
> updates to the repository compared to my files?

I have this in my .alias file:

alias cvsdiff='cvs diff -w -r HEAD'

Probably you're doing a diff against the version of each file that
you checked out.  If you're not a developer making your own changes,
you'll never see anything show up in the diff.  If you do a diff
against the cvs HEAD though, you'll see the differences between what
you last checked out and the latest changes the developers have
made.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer