[Xastir] cvs diff

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Sep 26 21:42:38 EDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 07:18:59PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at ct.metrocast.net> flavor, containing:
> On Sep 26, 2006, at 14:39, Dan Brown wrote:
>
> >wiki wiki wiki!
> >
> >(if it isn't already)
>
> >>My ~/.cvsrc file has these contents:

> >>    ##cvs -z3
> >>    update -dP
> >>    status -v
> >>    diff -u
>
> Those are in the documentation already, exactly like that, in the
> README.CVS docs (/usr/local/share/xastir/docs or /sw/share/xastir/
> docs in my case).

And the first line is just a comment --- normally "cvs -z3" means that
the data should be compressed on send and decompressed on receive, but at least
at some point in the past sourceforge wouldn't do the compression, and having
-z3 apparently once caused problems.  It is no longer necessary to comment out
that -z3 line --- even if sourceforge still doesn't do it, there is no harm
asking (sourceforge does, at the moment, suggest -z3 in its cvs documentation,
so it's probably doing the compression when asked now).

My .cvsrc has:

cvs -q -z3
update -d -P
diff -u

I hardly ever do a "cvs status", so haven't added the "status -v" line.