[Xastir] .geo files for the NWS RIdge Radars

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Sep 27 16:09:27 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 01:47:26PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <wm5z at comcast.net> flavor, containing:
> Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> >While we're at it, first.aprs.net is now able to host a repository of
> >maps, with ~146GB available for use.  We can also host the .geo's.
> >
> >Please use anonymous FTP to log in, and then deposit data in the
> >'/incoming' directory. I would appreciate a heads-up e-mail sent
> >directly to me so I can effect a timely transfer of the files to the
> >appropriate reposing place in /pub, else I'll do it as I have spare
> >time and remember: It's not ingrained in long-term memory just yet to
> >check daily...
> >
> Could not connect to that server Gerry.
>
> Server not found
> Firefox can't find the server at www.first.aprs.net.
>
>    *   Check the address for typing errors such as
>          ww.example.com instead of
>          www.example.com

The FTP server is at "first.aprs.net", not "www.first.aprs.net", and it's
FTP not a web site.  I was able to connect to it with an ftp client, but
unable to see anything in the "pub" directory (ls just sat there and thought
a while).  I'm assuming we're not going to be able to look at anything in
/incoming (so that the site doesn't become a drop zone for pr0n).