[Xastir] wikipedia on xastir...?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Sep 29 08:44:50 EDT 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:

> Off hand, I'd say it would only dilute the useful information.
> There's already an APRS wiki (http://info.aprs.net) and I understand
> the xastir project home page just got a wiki as well.  What we need
> are all the documentation efforts in one place, so they're more
> effective.
>
> I'd be all for a simple wikipedia entry with links to the xastir
> wiki, but creating yet another repository will divide efforts.
>
> We probably do need an xastir link here, though:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APRS

I agree with the above.

Please get to work on the new Xastir Wiki, and please also
contribute to the info.aprs.net Wiki as you see fit, but I'd rather
keep the main documentation for Xastir on it's own web site and in
the text files distributed with Xastir.

In fact, I'm already wondering if we won't over time be creating TWO
master sets of documentation between our current Wiki and our
distributed text files.