[Xastir] wikipedia on xastir...?

Bennett, Bruce bbennett at Spang.com
Fri Sep 29 09:32:02 EDT 2006

>my $0.02...

>-Jason
>kg4wsv

Good points - all three of them. I agree with your conclusions.

I had not seen the fledgling wiki on www.xastir.org - it's a good start!

Overview, and also linkage to all those diverse elements (for example "What
is a DRG?")
that tie to xastir don't currently have an obvious home - but I assume the
wiki will
evolve in that direction...

>In fact, I'm already wondering if we won't over time be creating TWO
>master sets of documentation between our current Wiki and our
>distributed text files.
>--
>Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer

If kept with simple linkage, the current text-based documents could be
linked to the wiki
instead of being duplicated.  Right now, for example, it isn't obvious to
the neophyte how
you get to xastir's INSTALL-text file information without downloading the
whole archive.

I would guess that over time the wiki would replace the text documentation,
since it is
simpler and faster to update as xastir continues to evolve.  In extreme, all
that would
be left in the INSTALL file would be a link to the appropriate section of
the wiki.

Bruce Bennett KB8ROP
BBennett at Spang.COM
(440) 352-8600 X 3350
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made in a very
narrow field. --Niels Bohr