[Xastir] wikipedia on xastir...?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Sep 29 12:10:57 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 10:17:57AM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <bbennett at Spang.com> flavor, containing:
> >Great, except for those that are doing installs away from the
> >internet, or the internet is particularly costly or slow for them,
>
> Hmmm...  I don't think it is really feasable to install xastir and maps
> WITHOUT
> a fair internet connection - I have over two gigabytes invested in xastir
> and
> four-surrounding-state maps, not to mention the Internet-scavenger hunt for
> all
> the associated packages.

There are plenty of us saddled with slow dial-up, and xastir is quite feasible
for us --- just takes a good long time to set up for the first time.

I've got about 3GB of maps, and it took quite a while to get 'em.