[Xastir] wikipedia on xastir...?

Kyle Kienapfel doctor.whom at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 18:11:30 EDT 2006

With wikis theres a perceptual "anyone can edit it so I'll let them do
it". Actually with any project only a small percentage of users
contribute, but maybe HAMs are usually in that group of people that'll
step up

for CVS README -> wiki could have a bot do that. But I think we can be
trusted to play nice with the readme ;)

I'm a bit curious of the investments in diskspace 2-3 gigs, does the
tiger data work okay off of DVD (for like a livedvd) I'm also curious
if anyones tried removing data fields that are useless from the dbf
files. For BC roads: 40mb shp, 300mb dbf.

One piece:
5870865 bytes/3927 lines = 1495bytes/line
probably be able to cut 90% off

If I get enough time to figure it out, I'll make sure the wiki knows what I did.