[Xastir] Status of release, plus PLEASE SUBMIT TRANSLATIONS!

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 6 11:30:21 EDT 2007

Looks like the overwhelming majority do not want to go to a 2.0
numbering scheme for the next release.  No problem.  I guess that
means we'll go through this sequence 1.8.5 -> 1.9.0 -> 1.10.0 ->
1.11.0.

It's hard for my little brain to realize that we don't have to
increment the first number just because the second number gets to
9...

Tom Russo has discovered a bug that either he or I will hopefully
solve in the coming week or two:  Linked lists get out of order when
expiring stations or objects.  Perhaps weather alerts and messages
might have the same bug, don't really know yet.

Anyway...  This would be a good time to get any translations done of
English text in the non-English language files, in preparation for
the next "stable" release.  Please send them direct to me and I'll
get them right into CVS.

I'll probably dump out another development snapshot shortly.  I've
been doing it twice a month but skipped the middle March and early
April release.  Too busy.

Once the newly-found bug has been solved I'd like to release
xastir-1.9.0 (stable).