[Xastir] Install issue on OSx

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 6 16:17:45 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> ./bootstrap.sh
> ./configure --prefix=/sw --with-rtree --with-bdb-incdir=/sw/include/db4
> --with-bdb-libdir=/sw/lib --with-imageMagick=/sw/lib/ImageMagick-6.1.8

> Built-in map types:
>       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
>        map   APRSdos Maps
>        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
>        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps
>
> Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
>        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
>        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
>        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
>        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)

It looks to me like you didn't get the ImageMagick support compiled
in.

That doesn't explain the bus error during or after map indexing
though.  You can try editing ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf to change
this line:

    MAPS_INDEX_ON_STARTUP:1
    MAPS_INDEX_ON_STARTUP:0

which will keep Xastir from indexing on startup.  That should
tell you whether the bus error is happening on indexing or later on.

You can also start Xastir like this:

    xastir -v 4095 | tee debug.log &

To see the last debug messages that get printed before it crashes.
It'll also create a "debug.log" file that you can look at later.

You're obviously on a Mac since you're using "/sw".  Any of you Mac
users out there run into this?