[Xastir] improved error messages for interface failures?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Apr 9 12:32:09 EDT 2007

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > Try this patch.  I'm hesitant to add it to CVS at the moment due to
> > the impending release, but apply it to your local sources and see if
> > it gives you the indications you're looking for.
>
> This is what I get on my system if I try to open /dev/ttyS99999 with
> the patch applied:
>

>           ENOENT ERROR
>   Mon Apr 09 09:16:48 PDT 2007:
>           Interface Error!  Error opening interface 6 Hard Fail

Looks like I can uncomment three sections of the patch.  Those
weren't "colorized" in my editor so I thought they weren't available
on my system.  I found them in the include files and the code
compiles either way.

Improvements that could be made:

*) Change to english sentences instead of the error name.
*) Add error catching to other places in the TNC code.
*) Add error-catching to the AX.25 device code.
*) Do a pop-up instead of writing to STDERR, unless popups are
   disabled.