[Xastir] Configuration of operation not clear

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 11 13:29:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Rice, MA Mark @ IS wrote:

> Can someone point out what those sliders are for, or direct me to an
> online page that discusses it?  I tried looking through the
> documentation, but couldn't seem to find anything.   I'm presuming that
> my Linux (Fedora Core 5) has something missing, otherwise I'd see text
> in that window.

I'll bet you're using Lesstif instead of OpenMotif, or perhaps an
OpenMotif with that particular bug.

It's a bug in the Motif widget set that you're currently using in
any case.  I don't have that bug with OpenMotif on OpenSuSE-10, but
several others have reported it when they use Lesstif.

These are the sliders in the current Xastir:

On the left:
------------
Posit TX Interval (min)
Object/Item TX Interval (min)
GPS Check Interval (sec)
Dead-Reckoning Timeout (min)
New Track Time (min)
RINO -> Objects Interval (min), 0=Disabled
Snapshot Interval (min)

On the right:
Station Ghosting Time (min)
Station Clear Time (hours)