[Xastir] Dbfawk font_size

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Apr 17 15:07:19 EDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 01:56:54PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jdw at eng.uah.edu> flavor, containing:

>  On Apr 17, 2007, at 1:58 PM, Troy M. Campbell wrote:
>
> > I'd like to display the label of a county (for example) depending on the
> > zoom level.
>
> > Is there a way to do this?   I can't figure out the expression for it.

This is not possible directly through dbfawk.  The dbfawk language is limited
to setting a few specific internal rendering variables based on the contents
of the DBF file, and there's no way to *read* xastir internals such as zoom
level from a dbfawk file, only *set* them.  To accomplish what you want through
dbfawk alone would require enhancements to the dbfawk language.

>  I wanted to display borders in a different line style based on zoom level,
>  but couldn't figure out a way to do it.  I ended up playing some games with
>  symbolic links (to make it appear that there were two different copies of
>  the same map) and using display levels and different dbfawks to get it done.
>   Pretty hokey, but if you _really_ want it...

Yeah, hokey, but a usable workaround given dbfawk's limitations.