[Xastir] Looking for GNIS files

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Apr 25 07:10:13 EDT 2007

On Apr 25, 2007, at 5:52 AM, gdw wrote:

> Does anyone by chance have the older gnis files for SC, NC and GA?
> I am
> setting up a machine for the Columbia, SC Weather Service and have
> discovered that the current gnis files from the .gov site don't work.

those three are at

http://www.eng.uah.edu/pub/xastir

or

ftp://ftp.eng.uah.edu/pub/xastir

Are the old ones something we should make available, maybe on Gerry's
server?  I've got room for them on mine, but if we're keeping maps at
Gerry's, might as well put them all in the same place?

I have a set of gnis files, but I may have edited the "historical
places" out of them in a de-cluttering effort.  I don't have all
the .map files.

-Jason
kg4wsv