[Xastir] Serial GPS support in Xastir built from Darwin Ports?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 27 14:30:17 EDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Bernard Michael Tyers wrote:

> which doesn't really tell me about GPS support. So I am guessing it doesn't.

GPS Support in terms of download waypoints/tracks/routes from your
GPS, or GPS Support in terms of decoding NMEA sentences?

The latter is in there by default.  The former requires that GPSMan
be available when Xastir was configured/compiled.  You can check for
the former one in the code by checking whether the "Fetch GPS Track"
and similar options are available in your "Interface" menu.

> Can anyone point me in the direction of how to get support for my
> serial GPS (connected via a Keyspan Serial-USB converter). Its a
> Garmin eTrex model (the old yellow cased, monochrome display).

Interface->Interface Control->Add->Serial GPS