[Xastir] Serial GPS support in Xastir built from Darwin Ports?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 27 15:51:15 EDT 2007

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Jason Winningham wrote:
>
> >> GPS". So I guess I gotta go build gpsd?!
>
> You don't have to but it's not really particularly hard.
> MacPorts should "just work" for instance.

Perhaps he has a permission problem for the serial ports?

Try running "chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/xastir" (or change the path
to wherever the Xastir executable was installed) as root and then
try opening the serial port again.

Better options would be to add your username to the group that
controls the serial ports.  Another option would be to change the
permissions on the serial ports to 666.