[Xastir] Serial GPS support in Xastir built from Darwin Ports?

jdw at eng.uah.edu jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Apr 27 16:01:35 EDT 2007

Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Perhaps he has a permission problem for the serial ports?

Could be, but I've never had a permissions problem on a Mac serial port,
and I've used 'em 8 at a time.

Is there any other application trying to use that serial port for anything?

You may want to use /dev/cu.KeySerial1 instead of /dev/tty.xzy.  Some
folks have better luck with the cu vs. tty.  I've never had a problem with
tty on the Keyspan, but I have with other devices.

Just make sure you don't try to use /dev/tty.xyz and /dev/cu.xyz at the
same time.  I think that's how I managed to make the Mac OS X kernal dump
core, which never happened before or since. :|

-Jason
kg4wsv