[Xastir] Re: [ubuntulinux] Re: Screen Resolution problem

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Aug 1 10:14:52 EDT 2007

At 01:40 PM 7/31/2007, Lee Bengston wrote:
>A couple of ideas - maybe it is Kubuntu/KDE related, and the
>standard Ubuntu with the Gnome desktop may not have the problem, so
>you could try installing Ubuntu.

         I have that here, and that would be an easy thing to try,
but I'm not sure they don't share a common file structure and
everything else?  So would be subject to the same problems?

>The other idea is to install Windows and VMware server (a free
>download) and then install Kubuntu under VMware server and use
>VMware tools to set the video resolution.  One of the Kubuntu
>virtual machines I have at home was done that way, and it has been
>just fine.  In general I would prefer to run Linux natively on a
>laptop like you have been doing, but if it is known that Windows
>works well with your video card and wireless card, VMware may be a
>decent solution.

         Tell me where I can find VMWare and I may give it a go.  I
really am only going through this to try Xastir for a while -- sure
hope it's worth it!  <G>

         7 3
         Earl

         P.S.  I downloaded Fedora last here at the motel -- 250K+
download speeds...

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cw_bugs