[Xastir] Re: [ubuntulinux] Re: Screen Resolution problem

Bob Donnell kd7nm at pugetsound.net
Wed Aug 1 14:35:05 EDT 2007

VMWare Player is available from http://vmware.com/products/player/

A pre-built Xastir installation (what VMWare refers to as a Virtual
Appliance) is available from sites listed here:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VMware#Install_a_pre-built_xastir
_virtual_machine

This whole wiki page is devoted to the topic:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VMware

Note too that the virtual machine comes installed with enough tools to
update, compile, and install the bleeding edge versions of Xastir, but you
don't have to do that if you're evaluating it.

Also, on the xorg configuration, you >may< be able to protect the xorg.conf
file by changing its permissions (once it's working) to only allow read
access.  And you can make backups of it - something like this:

 cp xorg.conf xorg.conf.backup

Then if something manages to change it, delete the original file, then copy
the backup file to the original name.

Hope that helps!

73, Bob, KD7NM