[Xastir] Areas of Maximum Concern not showing

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Fri Aug 3 23:40:38 EDT 2007

A couple of issues.  GYX is Gray, ME.  The forecast discussion for that
WFO shows a number of Special Marine Warnings, but then there's problem
#2:  The centroid of the area of max concern is 'way off-shore and not
in that WFO's forecast area.  It's pretty much due east of North
Carolina, unless I can't read simple coordinates anymore.

I think these are bogus.  The ones Curt sent earlier are from also
identified by NWS WFOs but the timestamps do not correlate with warnings
issued today.  However, they do look like they might be associated with
cancellations I found.

I think we need to see if WXSRV is dyspepsic as part of the forensics.

Gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020  FAX 979.862.3983
MAIL:  AATLT, 3139 TAMU
Physical: 1700 Research Parkway, Suite 160,
College Station, TX 77843-3139