[Xastir] Help! with Linux

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Aug 4 00:50:13 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 19:22 -0500, Jim Tolbert wrote:
> OK... I made a really dumb move.  I cleaned up and tossed the
> installation notes. On that was the Administrators password.

Boot into runlevel 1 (ie, single user).  Change password.  Profit.

On most bootloaders (not terribly familiar with SuSE anymore), you can
do either of the following on the boot prompt (or append single or 1 to
your boot parameters):

linux single

or

linux 1

It should drop you into root without a password.

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                    KB8UYR/6
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785