[Xastir] IGating

Greg Eigsti greg at eigsti.com
Sat Aug 25 15:18:12 EDT 2007

Looking at the DB0ANF page I realized that the report is named "APRS
Stations using USAM as their Digi / Uplink" - this appears to mean
that the report shows stations that were either digi'ed OR iGated by
a particular station.  So it appears that I was in error to believe
that DB0ANF reports only on who your station iGates - it also
includes the stations that you digi as well.  This still does not
answer yesterday's question about stale data on Findu (ran the
experiment again today and Findu/DB0ANF are showing parity).

Now my question is why are my packets not being put on the internet
by my local iGate and being put on the internet by another after
being digi'ed by my iGate/digi???

I guess it is time to take an in depth look at Xastir's iGate logging
capabilities.  That will have to wait for a bit though as life has
other duties for me to complete first ;)

Greg