[Xastir] Making better looking maps

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Sat Aug 25 19:05:40 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 06:47 -0500, Gerry Creager wrote:
> Near as I could tell, it's not on Google's horizon but they're amenable
> to almost any non-terrorist use of Google Maps||Earth.
>
> I've looked at this a couple of times lately but I'm pure outta cycles
> and interrupt processing right now.

I'd take a good look at GE's license before attempting.  It is decidedly
unfriendly to such applications. :(

"Restrictions. You agree not to use the Software in connection with or
in conjunction with a system in a vehicle that offers real-time route
guidance or turn-by-turn maneuvers. You agree not to use the Software
for any bulk printing or downloading of imagery, data or other content."

And that's just the beginning.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>