[Xastir] Making better looking maps

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Sat Aug 25 20:26:06 EDT 2007

> I've discussed the first with them directly.  They're intrigued by Xastir
(and APRS in general) and see it not as a violation.  Even if used in your
car.

All the more reason to spawn development!

> What would you want to scrape?  I'd make the data available as a network
option from within Xastir... and I might also consider standing up an APRS
KML >data server.  Keep up the ideas.  We might kindle something here after
all!

Well scraping was just the first thing that came to mind, again just wasn't
sure what and what was not technically possible. May be easier more
efficient ways etc. Definitely agree on it being a menu option. I think if
their is a solution that can be made, Google maps could become the de-facto
standard, but the question remains, how to implement?

One hurdle, and this shouldn't be a problem for most users, what about
needing a Google maps API key? Is there any way around it? Would we even
need it?

--
Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86uh