[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.1 on cygwin_nt-5.1

Bernard Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 05:23:45 EDT 2007

Hi Alex,

Yes of course. That didn't occur to me until you mentioned it.

I am building it from source at the moment.

After about 5 hours (building it on a mini-itx machine..not the
fastest)...its finished.

I rebuilt Xastir from cvs and its working.

Many thanks to Alex for the pointers in the right way.

bernard

On 28 Aug 2007, at 22:34, Alex Carver wrote:

> Best thing to do is not to install the binaries but
> install the sources.
>
> http://imagemagick.org/script/install-source.php
>
> Follow the instructions for Unix (not Windows).  This
> will install the necessary programs and libraries.
>
> To answer the other question, yes the libs would be
> separate if you only downloaded the binary
> installation (which only lets you run the program not
> compile against it).
>
> --- Bernard Tyers <bernard.tyers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HI Alex,
>>
>> I was sure that was going to fix it, but..nope.
>>
>> I have installed imagemagick like here
>> http://www.imagemagick.org/
>> script/binary-releases.php
>>
>> But it still says I dont have the libs.
>>
>> Maybe a silly question, but do i have to download
>> the libs from
>> somewhere?
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>
>> bernard
>>
>> On 28 Aug 2007, at 19:38, Alex Carver wrote:
>>
>>> Cygwin attempts to install those libraries but the
>>> distribution is broken.  It's better to just
>> install
>>> them from source instead of allowing Cygwin to
>> handle
>>> it.  I have Xastir running on two Cygwin machines
>> (and
>>> a Linux machine) and both Cygwins had to have the
>>> library sources installed directly instead of
>> through
>>> the installer.

>> cygwin?
>> built

>> the

>> /usr/bin/Magick-config

>> on

>> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Windows

>>> ______________
>>> Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights
>> and hotels with
>>> Yahoo! FareChase.
>>> http://farechase.yahoo.com/
>>
>> ==========
>> Bernard Tyers
>> bernard.tyers at gmail.com
>> EI8FDB

> Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel
> today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

Bernard Tyers
bernard.tyers at gmail.com
EI8FDB