[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.1 on cygwin_nt-5.1

Bernard Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 05:50:38 EDT 2007

Hi Curt,

Alex sorted out the problems..

TBH, I don't want to have to install an Ubuntu VMWare machine (which
will probably run like a dog on the mini-itx machine with 256MB its
running on).

The other reason is I have to use the windows machine for other radio
software that is not available for Mac/Linux (read 99% of all radio
software).

MS Virtual PC only runs on Intel x86 CPUs (or at least did when I
last looked). The CPUs in these mini-itx machines are EPIA Via chips.

So, I'll stick with cygwin for the moment.

It works perfectly..just configuring it now.

thanks again.

bernard

On 28 Aug 2007, at 19:17, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Bernard Tyers wrote:
>
>> Has anything changed with regards Xastir on cygwin? I managed to
>> build Xastir on cygwin a few months ago and it built perfectly.
>
> I don't run on Cygwin so can't answer directly as to whether
> anything has changed, but most likely it's Cygwin and/or one of the
> packages that has changed, or else you don't have the ImageMagick
> library installed, but do have the headers installed.
>
> If you can't get this solved quickly, I'd suggest trying the VMWare
> Player/Ubuntu install instead.  That way you can avoid Cygwin
> altogether.  Still a free option:
>
>   <http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:VMware>
>
> Another method is to install MS Virtual PC (free) and install Linux
> inside that, then compile/install Xastir.  If anyone wants to do
> this, take notes, and write up a Wiki page for it, we'll get that
> added to the Wiki as well.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U: <www.eskimo.com/~archer/>     XASTIR: <www.xastir.org>
>   "Lotto:  A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
> The world DOES revolve around me:  I picked the coordinate system!

Bernard Tyers
bernard.tyers at gmail.com
EI8FDB