[Xastir] Kiss Shell script help please

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 28 20:51:13 EDT 2007

Ive been fooling with some Shell scripts that I inherited . These do a Kiss
On and Off on either com1 or com2 (ttyS0 or ttyS1) . Ive been trying to get
them to work under DSL and they do BUT ..

On the Celeron 366 laptop they execute fine but do not terminate. I have to
Kill them manually from a console. I can watch them with "top" . Using the
exact same scripts on the same Operating system (DSL) on a Athlon 1800
desktop and a mobile Pentium M 1600 laptop these scripts run and terminate
fine..

Whats wrong here ? Below is a sample of a script.. Each machine uses the
same OS same Kernel and same scripts .. The odd thing out seems to be the
Celeron 366 laptop .
I am using Damm Small Linux v 3.4.1 live from a USB stick which is 2.4.26
Debian Kernel .

#!/bin/sh
# KissOn for Com1 TNC2 MFJ etc
stty 9600 cs8 -parenb -crtscts -F /dev/ttyS0
sleep 2
echo -e "\r kiss on\r restart\r" >/dev/ttyS0
sleep 2
exit 0

Tony Hunt VK5AH