[Xastir] Kiss Shell script help please

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 29 08:03:37 EDT 2007

Rick .. Thanks for the reply .. Its a good point .. The CPU may be different
but also is the Com Port hardware on that machine .. The thing is this.

The script actually executes correctly in that the TNC goes into and OutOf
KISS mode acording to the script used. Thats great. So after the characters
are sent it seems to hang.

I see what you mean about the -crtscts. I found a little info on that. I
have all the hardware handshaking connected through ok on this machine. Also
Ive inserted a breakout box and tried manipulating a few things there to no
avail. Its just plain odd.

Here is a bit more info. The real story.
Ive actually made some Menu Items up for Fluxbox and have them working now
finnally that I have the permissions correct as well.. I have to open a
console and Kill the Processes when I run them via the Menus. If I run the
scripts from a console I dont get a Console prompt back after exectution but
I can use Ctrl C to terminate it and get a Prompt. None of this silly
buisness is needed with the other 2 machines , just the Celeron 366 laptop.
I will delve into the BIOS on that machine perhaps and see if there is
anything in there regards the com port.

Tony Hunt  VK5AH