[Xastir] Xastir with KPC 3+ TNC no xmit

Bernard Michael Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 14:01:43 EST 2007

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Ok:

Right now, I am trying to get the TNC working on my Xastir install
(from source) on my macbook.

> > At Xastir startup console tells me:
> > File is not a regular file: /usr/local/share/xastir/config/
> > Skipping send to TNC
>
> Are you giving the full path to the startup script in the properties dialog?
> You shouldn't be.  Just put "tnc-startup.kpc3" in there.  Full pathnames
> aren't needed; xastir will only look in the "share/xastir/config"
> directory of the install prefix (which defaults to "/usr/local").

No, I am not giving the full path to the script.

>From the MacBook install the path to the script is:
/usr/local/share/xastir/config

I give just the file name: tnc-startup.kpc3

> If you installed xastir from the Ubuntu package, it didn't put things in
> /usr/local/share, it put them in /usr/share.  In this case, the install
> prefix was "/usr" instead.  You probably don't even have a
> /usr/local/share/xastir directory.

Ok, this may be true. I am confusing myself with both the Ubuntu
install and the MacBook install so  right now I am concentrating on
the MacBook install.

I did a hard reset of the KPC3+, and I have confirmed it is in KISS mode.

Sorry, I am stumped at the moment.

Any more help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
bernard