[Xastir] Xastir with KPC 3+ TNC no xmit

Bernard Michael Tyers bernard.tyers at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 14:09:39 EST 2007

> > Are you giving the full path to the startup script in the properties dialog?
> > You shouldn't be.  Just put "tnc-startup.kpc3" in there.  Full pathnames
> > aren't needed; xastir will only look in the "share/xastir/config"
> > directory of the install prefix (which defaults to "/usr/local").
>
> No, I am not giving the full path to the script.
>
> From the MacBook install the path to the script is:
> /usr/local/share/xastir/config
>
> I give just the file name: tnc-startup.kpc3
>
> > If you installed xastir from the Ubuntu package, it didn't put things in
> > /usr/local/share, it put them in /usr/share.  In this case, the install
> > prefix was "/usr" instead.  You probably don't even have a
> > /usr/local/share/xastir directory.
>
> Ok, this may be true. I am confusing myself with both the Ubuntu
> install and the MacBook install so  right now I am concentrating on
> the MacBook install.
>
> I did a hard reset of the KPC3+, and I have confirmed it is in KISS mode.

A few more pieces of info:

I have buzzed the cables from the TNC, to the radio and to the laptop
and all buzz fine.
(combined with the fact that the radio, and tnc worked with a UIView
install a few months ago.)

I have also proved the software install with my D7a handheld which
xmits when prompted to by Xastir.

thanks in advance,
bernard