[Xastir] Xastir and serial port issues

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Mon Dec 3 21:18:16 EST 2007

Many thanx, Gerry....  Minicom shows "stuff" coming through at 4800
baud..... The guy that lent the KAM to me said that it was header info.
Do you think that it should be ASCII?  I get nothing at 2400 or 9600 baud.

Does minicom set the parameters of the port permanently or only when
minicom is running?

Also, running GPSMan allows setting a number of parameters, but not the
interface speed or configuration.   Does XASTIR need to have an
interface selected to communicate with the Rinos and if so, which one?

Many thanx.............. jt

--
Jim Tolbert
RiverRidge Consulting, LLC