[Xastir] Over the river and through the woods to Sawyer County we go.... Xastire/Rino testing

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Dec 3 22:30:29 EST 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Jim Tolbert wrote:

> Thanks Gerry and Curt......  I think I have all the tools on my machine
> along with the Garmin manuals and specification documents.   I will work
> on the KAM another day <grin>.    The goal tomorrow is to make it work
> and gather evidence of this function for a grant submission.    I think
> I have the snapshot part of Xastir understood.... should I try logging
> and if so, what?

Log NET and  TNC.  If I remember correctly we send one copy of the
transmit packet to the net.log but may not send it to the tnc.log.
The TNC.log should capture anything you receive over the air (but
not the RINO stuff).

So... If you're creating APRS object packets for each RINO position,
they should end up in NET.LOG I think.  Remember that those logs
roll over at some point as well.  If you have it on a full network
feed they may roll over before you can save them.