[Xastir] Gating WX from IP to RF - THE SOLUTION

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 4 14:58:41 EST 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Mike Long (N3QD) wrote:

> I changed my
> station call to IGATE.  I added my callsign and a short description
> to the comment, and changed the beacon interval to 10 minutes to stay
> legal.

That sounds fine on the surface, and is probably ok for local RF,
but on the INET side that'll be duplicated by somebody else later
down the road.

It should still work if you chang your callsign to something like
"N3QD99"...   That's unlikely to be duplicated and you can still do
the callsign-in-the-comments thing and TX every 9.9 minutes or so on
RF.  I'd avoid numbers that might be confused with letters at first
glance, like '0' or '1'.