[Xastir] Re: Problems plotting positions in Xastir downloaded from a RINO

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 5 11:41:11 EST 2007

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> The last section seems to imply that the Xastir-connected RINO
> (XC-RINO) cannot cause polling of the remote RINO's.  Perhaps that
> text describes a RINO without Xastir?  If it _does_ describe our
> current setup, do the remote RINO users need to talk on the RINO's
> or manually send their position every once in a while for the
> XC-RINO to be able to see them?  I _thought_ we had it all working
> to where the remote RINO's could just be worn on a belt or on top of
> a backpack and the XC-RINO could poll them.

Oh yea, there's another blurb about RINO's in the
README.Getting-Started file, but it's less detailed so probably
doesn't need much in the way of revisions.

The bit in the INSTALL file suggesting a RINO-120 for the XC-RINO is
probably out-of-date now, as the GMRS RINO's can now send the
position info at full GMRS power due to another STA that Garmin
filed with the FCC.  This means that for maximum range you should
have GMRS RINO's for every unit, and of course a GMRS license to
match, correct?