[Xastir] Re: Problems plotting positions in Xastir downloaded from a RINO

Jim Tolbert RiverRidge at CenturyTel.net
Wed Dec 5 14:20:41 EST 2007

Hi, Curt..........

/Perhaps one of these things is occurring:  *) The remote RINO doesn't
have a valid position to send (no GPS lock?)/

    When I drove to work, I took the set up and ran it.  Both Rinos (
    one attached to the laptop and the remote Rino) had 3D GPS locks and
    were transmitting their position between each other when I keyed the
    mic.

/Are you getting a RINO.gpstrans file written, and is it in the above
format? Should be in ~/.xastir/gps/RINO.gpstrans./
W 	APRS 4 	                                         	 12/05/2007
10:08:23 	46.01855 	-91.4877
W 	APRS14 	                                         	 12/05/2007
10:08:23 	45.8571 	-92.3651

There were several entries, but all of them were date stamped at the
time that I opened GPSMan and GPS Receiver>Get>WP.  Only two entries
were from when I have been using this pair of Rinos.   Both were from
the testing we were doing in Hayward ( before you suggested the commands
to allow serial port communications.)  So I guess that means that GPSMan
is not getting the info, even though GPSMan thinks it is talking to the
serial port.   So I guess that points to either GPSMan is not
downloading what is stored in the Rino or the Rino is not storing the
data.   I will work on that.

Many thanx............. jt