[Xastir] Xastir and TM-D710A

Russell Handorf rhandorf at handorf.org
Wed Dec 12 12:04:14 EST 2007

Greetings all,

I'm trying to get my Kenwood TM-D710A and Xastir to work together. I
followed the instructions for just a serial connection only (/dev/ttyS0)
and start the port. My radio immediately begins to transmit *dead air*
and doesnt stop until I remove the serial cable. I then have to power
cycle the radio so that when I plug in the serial cable it doesn't keep
x-mitting.

I followed some other threads and tried minicom. Minicom, listening on
/dev/ttyS0, show's no traffic. But when I tried "echo -e “\300\377\300”
> /dev/ttyS0", my radio began to immediately x-mit dead air again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.