[Xastir] Re: using the modprobe ax25 and Xastir

Neville A. Cross neville at guegue.com
Fri Dec 21 13:05:40 EST 2007

xastir at xastir.org wrote:
> From: Tapio Sokura <oh2kku at iki.fi>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] using the modprobe ax25 and Xastir

<SNIP>
> You need to have a package called ax25-tools installed, in it you'll
> find a couple of binaries that you need for the configuration. First you
> need to setup an axports file, typically located in directory /etc/ax25.
> There should be sample files and maybe even man pages in the package
> that document the format. Then you need to couple a port described in
> axports to a physical serial port (if using a regular KISS TNC), it is
> done with kissattach. Now you should have basic kernel AX.25 functionality.

<SNIP>

I have installed the ax25-tools and done the kissatach and it is
working. If I put something like "call ax0 yn1bbs" I got connected
without a problem. But when I start Xastir it said that the stty0 is
lock. I will go back to the program later to copy exactly the message.
To run Xastir I have to start it before running the modprobe ax25 and
kisattach commands.

How do I set an interfase in Xastir that used the kissattach port that
has been created?

I will gladly wrote down what I have been doing so another person with
more experience and less time use as a draft to feed the wiki. I happily
will start again from scratch if I got guidance, to do all the writing
properly.

Neville YN1V
Sysop of YN1BBS