[Xastir] Xastir and TM-D710A

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 23 15:30:56 EST 2007

Russell,

It makes sense that if you're trying to receive and transmit 9600 baud APRS that the serial port can't be set to a lower speed than that.  The serial link to the computer would then become an unwanted bottleneck.

But if you have the TNC to set to 1200 baud data but the radio only offers 9600 baud as the slowest comm port speed then they've eliminated some options that the D700 has.  Oh well.

So lets drop Xastir completely and eliminate that as a problem.

At this point I'd recommend getting the Kenwood MCP program for the D710 and see if you can talk to the radio using your computer, the comm port, and your cable.  If that doesn't work then I'd recommend building a new cable from scratch and/or getting the "official" cable if they make such an animal.

Dave
KD7MYC