[Xastir] Xastir and TCP/IP over AX.25 coexistence?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 5 15:23:06 EST 2007

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Craig Anderson wrote:

> Thanks Jason,
> 	That's exactly what I need to know.
>
> I don't want to use a digipeater on the hill-tops
> because I need that channel for other packets.
> If I put a digipeater on that channel, APRS is all
> it's good for.

I think I would have recommended aprsd or javasvr (sp?) or similar
instead of Xastir.  Anything where you don't need a GUI and it just
provides the inet functions.

If you're going to use Xastir then you'd probably want to restart it
once every month or two to keep the memory image down.  You can do
this by sending it a SIGHUP command.  See the FAQ.  You can also
start it up in a mode where it won't do any popups, not even when
somebody messages to you, which would be a good startup option for a
server.