[Xastir] Davis software install

Steve wm5z at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 20:44:07 EST 2007

I am trying to get working the Davis Vantage Pro2 so that I can post the
local WX conditions on the net. Following the instructions in the README
file, I installed the mysql software. When I try to run mysql however, I
get the following error...

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I did open the port 3306 in the firewall. what else am I missing? BTW, I
would like to be able to share this data across my local network as well
so that the DATA can be read from any PC in the house.

Steve/WM5Z