[Xastir] Xastir hangs when changing form fields

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 15 09:29:05 EST 2007

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Richard Murnane wrote:

> Is this a known bug, or some Unix-related "feature" - if there as an
> OS rights issue, I would like to think the app could detect it before
> falling into a trap. (My apologies, my Unix knowledge is very
> rusty... All I can say with any certainty is that my boss would kick
> my butt if any of my "day job" applications hung for any reason at
> all :-)

Same here!  ;-)

It's possibly related to use of Lesstif instead of OpenMotif.  Check
which one you compiled Xastir with (Help->About).

Lesstif has known hangs if/when you try to remove/add widgets to an
already-realized dialog.  Motif has no problem doing this.  I've
seen other times when Lesstif would hang an application as well.