[Xastir] Tiger 2006 files as shapefiles

John Ronan jronan at tssg.org
Tue Feb 20 05:06:48 EST 2007

On 20 Feb 2007, at 08:08, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 09:50:57PM +0000, we recorded a bogon-
> computron collision of the <jronan at tssg.org> flavor, containing:
>>

>> So, what needs to be done to generate them?  I hate to see a machine
>> idle. If someone could talk me through the procedure, I could
>> generate them on the machine they are now sitting on.
>
> It's in README.MAPS, right after where it describes how to
> run the ogr2ogr for the linear features, but what's there is pretty
> sparse.

Thanks Tom,

Ok, I see whats being done,

I might wait a bit to see if Derrick sees the thread, it doesn't make
sense to do the work twice, so if he had a clever script done
already, that would be very useful.

If someone wants something specific, I'm sure I could do it by hand
if required.

Regards
John

--