[Xastir] Tiger 2006 files as shapefiles

Derrick J Brashear shadow at dementia.org
Tue Feb 20 12:07:24 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 tom.white at gmail.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:21:06 -0800 (PST)
> From: "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Xastir] Tiger 2006 files as shapefiles
> To: Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org>
> Cc: Xastir APRS <xastir at xastir.org>
>
>> It wouldn't be a bad idea to add that script or Derrick's script(s)
>> to CVS for future rounds of map-making.
>
> I also have the bash scripts that I used to download and generate the map
> files. They aren't very pretty, but should only need minor cleaning up.
>
> http://k5ehx.net/generate_shapefiles.zip

I'll look later; There was nothing special about mine. I'd put them up but
the host is offline; I tried converting it to Solaris, but they are not so
much with fixing bugs in their IDE drivers for which open bugs with
patches have been in their bug system since early 2006 (and the machine is
too slow to build a kernel with the broken drivers running on it)