[Xastir] 2 Weeks Xastir on OSX Installation problems : help!

Dan Brown brown at brauhaus.org
Tue Jan 2 11:24:24 EST 2007

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Greg Eigsti wrote:

> If you look through the last month or two of emails to this list you should
> be able to cobble together enough info to get xastir building for both PPC
> and MacTel.

I re-wrote my writeup of my install using Darwinports and added it to the
Xastir wiki this past weekend.  I had better luck using that then via the
fink method, also found that lesstif worked better for me than OpenMotif.

If anyone sees things I goofed, please fix the wiki!

And, fwiw, also built Xastir using Cygwin running on Win2k, running under
Parallels on my Mac. It worked, but was a good deal slower to compile
than native (Like, duh). I'd not recommend it for anything other than
as a test or dev platform.

73,
N8YSZ.
--