[Xastir] 2 Weeks Xastir on OSX Installation problems : help!

Greg Eigsti greg at eigsti.com
Tue Jan 2 16:08:06 EST 2007

> I re-wrote my writeup of my install using Darwinports and added it to the

Cool!  That is something that I was meaning to do after helping a couple
"newbies" to get xastir running on their machines (and refreshing my mind).
I'll take a look.

Also...  I got xastir to build on my MacTel Mac Mini last night and noticed
a couple things...

I got rid of all Fink ports and replaced them with MacPorts.  I noticed that
MacPorts puts the DB42 stuff in /usr/local/include/db42 on my PPC machine
and in /opt/local/include/db42 on the MacTel.  Maybe this is due to my
environment?  Not sure.

Building with OpenMotif on the MacTel works but yields a "demented" build of
xastir (mainly dialog issues).  Building with lesstiff yields a "sane" build
of xastir.  This jives with what you are seeing.

Greg