[Xastir] 2 Weeks Xastir on OSX Installation problems : help!

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Tue Jan 2 19:24:43 EST 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 16:08, Greg Eigsti wrote:

> Building with OpenMotif on the MacTel works but yields a "demented"
> build of xastir (mainly dialog issues).  Building with lesstiff
> yields a "sane" build of xastir.  This jives with what you are seeing.

If you look at my notes (just posted to the list moments ago) you
will see that I had the same conclusion. I think it is sage advice
(for now) for Mac users (at least those with Intel processors) to
stay away from OpenMotif and stick with Lesstif.

I don't think it's a bad idea to take this off list, but we might
gather a hand full of knowledgeable Mac users together first. I for
one am interested in helping (and taking notes) so we can enhance the
documentation for the next round of new users.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn