[Xastir] Broken

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 4 15:22:02 EST 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> the path in which
> xastir stores its database files (e.g. /usr/local/share/xastir for default
> builds, or $PREFIX/share if you specify a --prefix) is supposed to be passed
> to the code at build time through a "-DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=" flag to the compiler.
> When you build xastir you should see this on each compile line.  This
> particular directory is *not* specified in your xastir.cnf file, and is
> only used in the one place, in the function get_data_base_dir.  (this is
> probably something we ought to change some time, as hardcoding the path
> into the compile line like this is probably wrong)

You should see how we _used_ to do it!  All KINDS of "-D" options on
the command-line.  That's before we went over to using the config.h
method.

I don't know why XASTIR_DATA_BASE didn't go that route as well.
Feel free to make that change if you find time, else I'll try to do
it sometime soon.  The more things off the command-line the better.
Makes it easier to see what's happening.  I should have noticed that
variable earlier myself.