[Xastir] Broken

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Sun Jan 7 06:34:54 EST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 14:43, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Should be one of these paths, depending on where Xastir gets
> installed:
>
> /usr/local/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (normal source install)
> /opt/Xastir/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (LSB install)
> /usr/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (perhaps an OS binary package)

Except that I did a prefix command during the configure, and it is
at /sw/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (where I believe it should be
for my configuration). Part of my question is why it appears to want
it at /xastir/config/xastir.rgb.

> You script looks fine to me.
>
> Did you do a "make install" as root in order to get the xastir.rgb
> file installed in the system location?

> On Jan 4, 2007, at 15:14, Tom Russo wrote:
>> You're doing too many sudos there.

Well, there's a reason for that. It don't work without the sudos. I
don't remember all the specific details at this point, but I've
repeatedly tried to do builds without sudo and it just plain don't
work. I don't know if it's a Mac OS (FreeBSD) specific thing or not,
but it just don't work. Perhaps if I had one of you master geeks
available sometime to sit beside me and run through this and see what
I see. My user account has all the super privileges it needs, the
directories I'm building from I own. I've just given up and this
works, and I have yet to find a real down side (although all the
senior geeks keep telling me it's bad mojo).

-- Chip
new email: n1mie at ct.metrocast.com