[Xastir] Broken

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 4 14:43:54 EST 2007

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Chip G. wrote:

> Just did a CVS update and rebuild on my MacBook Pro and then my Mini.
> Everything is working fine on the MBP, but on the Mini (my normal
> dedicated Xastir machine) I am getting an error. The error states:
>
> Error! can not find color file: /xastir/config/xastir.rgb

Should be one of these paths, depending on where Xastir gets
installed:

/usr/local/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (normal source install)
/opt/Xastir/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (LSB install)
/usr/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (perhaps an OS binary package)

> I can't think of anything which uses that path. I have Xastir
> installed at /sw/share/xastir and the user preferences are in
> ~/.xastir (which is /Users/chip/.xastir). I am in the process of
> another rebuild just in case, but I don't have much hope of a fix
> there. Seems like a path issue to me. My normal build commands look
> like this (in a script, which I have been using for awhile, and
> perform every time I do a rebuild):

You script looks fine to me.

Did you do a "make install" as root in order to get the xastir.rgb
file installed in the system location?