[Xastir] Problems with xastir.rgb?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 8 16:51:44 EST 2007

For those experiencing problems finding the file "xastir.rgb" when
Xastir first starts up, you can try defining this in the same shell
before starting Xastir:

LSB install location:

    export XASTIR_DATA_BASE="/opt/Xastir/share/xastir"

Standard Xastir install location:

    export XASTIR_DATA_BASE="/usr/local/share/xastir"

Adapt as necessary for MacOSX, etc.

"xastir.rgb" is just the first file Xastir looks for starting at
that directory.  Maps are another.

I'd sure like to figure out why the compile is not defining that
variable in some instances.  It should appear on the command line
something like this during the compile:

    -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/opt/Xastir/share/xastir\"